Raptors 102, Knicks 95
Have you ever wondered why Andrea hasn’t shaved? It’s simple. Andrea just plays freaking better with it, I remember everyone (including myself) don the nicknames Bust-nani, Kwame and Darko 2.0 to our #1 draft pick but he’s finally done it, he’s proving to be an effective player in the league. If anything has come out of this season, it’s that Andrea Bargnani can play, the confidence is finally there and it’s translating into his game. Andrea had 23 pts, 7 boards, and some D, with 2 steals and 4 blocks against the Knicks in MSG, the scene of the 30-point massacre back in February. But today’s victory was one with a few story lines, the Knicks are officially eliminated from the playoffs, the Raptors have won six straight (longest streak since ’07) and we’re still in the playoff race?! Yep, mathematically, the Raps are still in, but realistically it’s a different story.
Bosh/Marion continued their double double rolls, Bosh with 17 pts, 13 rebounds and Marion with back to back double doubles with 12 pts and 13 rebounds. There was a good balanced attack from the starters as Jose Calderon finished with 15 and AP finished with 13. As for the Knicks, Chris Duhon and Al Harrington led the team with 22 a piece but Nate Robinson was 3 for 11 and David Lee failed to record a double double with 12 pts and 7 boards.
- Raps outrebounded the opponent again, 47-44
- Toronto just turned the ball over only 7 times today, New York turned it over 14 times
- Apparently, the Raptors had troubles arriving at the arena due to elephants and lions: “The circus is in town, and it caused an inconvenient arrival at Madison Square Garden for the Raptors. They couldn’t use their usual entrance into the arena, with police telling them it was blocked off because of the elephants and to come back in an hour. The Raptors found an alternate route, but then couldn’t get off the elevator on the floor they wanted because that’s where the lions were.”
- For a Knicks perspective, check out Posting and Toasting
- Raps plays the Knicks again tonight, in the home and home series
Photo credit: (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)